We’re growing, and so we need more awesome people to join our team! Below is the description for a Data Hacker role, get in touch if you think it’s for you.
Position: Data Hacker
Salary: 30K pa
Our mission is to help the best technology businesses around the world get above the noise, find scale and dramatically grow their customer bases.
At Rebel Hack Studios we believe marketing for growth comes with a highly integrated approach, and a team capable of looking for growth opportunities all the way from the top to the bottom of the funnel.
Rebel Hack’s culture is defined by those people working in it, and we are:
Rebel Hack Studios is a fun, fast paced, truly agile startup where both organisational and personal learning underpin everything we do. We focus on grounding our creative thinking on a rigorous approach to agile marketing, data and experimentation for our partner-clients. Remaining humble to being challenged, open to new ideas and able to work collaboratively with an array of external and internal teams is paramount to success.
Our goal is to bring together a family of people that like to challenge the status quo, each other and themselves making Rebel Hack Studios a vibrant and electric place to work!
What do we do?
Rebel Hack Studios works to help amazing ideas get above the noise, and has 2 key project organisations to help us achieve this.
Rebel Hack is a growth marketing agency made up of a varied group of growth marketers from a range of backgrounds; including User Experience, Growth Hacking, Lead Acquisition, SEO, Content, Social Media, Web Analytics and Growth Strategy backgrounds. We are lucky to work with some of the most cutting edge and best high growth technology startups in London. We implement a rigorous approach to experimentation to help us test multiple channels and assumptions, helping us find exciting channels, tactics and product viral loops for growth.
Datacake is an in-house machine learning data product working with lots of little data.
This role offers a great opportunity to be involved as an influential early team member in one of London’s fastest up and coming data-driven growth startup companies, working in cutting edge data technologies.
We offer a great package for the successful applicant, with an above average salary (based on experience) and opportunities to share in the success of the business.
We offer a flexible and fun approach to work, with lots of partner-client interaction, and remote work where appropriate. We also have a great office studio setup slap bang in the middle of Shoreditch!
Ultimately, we want to help you get wherever it is you want to go…
– A playful and fun-loving attitude alongside an easy-going charismatic persona are required to translate complex data analysis into understandable assumptions, visualizations and testable hypothesis
– A love of all things data and what might be hidden within. Being inquisitive to ask the right questions and creative enough to find ways to answer them quickly
– You should be keen to generate hypotheses about user behaviour and build actionable tests for growth
– You will be working across multiple projects, liaising with in-house and external marketing/development teams to find ways to answer questions
– A meticulous approach to data management, both looking for easy wins whilst ensuring data is handled with the longer-term data strategy in mind
Stuff you’ll own
– The implementation of multiple data strategies across multiple projects
– The design, implementation and execution of the company’s data management systems
– Data visualisation for both internal and partner growth work
– Improving the process of facilitating the answering of questions of the growth teams
– Finding and presenting insights found within the data to help customer growth all the way down the sales and product funnel
How you’ll make it happen
You will be a member of both Rebel Hack and Datacake, and will be working with all members of the growth team on growth projects as well as the CEO and CDO on Datacake’s implementation.
This is the stuff you’ll be doing on day 1
– Taking ownership of our ETL processes, either writing API’s yourself or managing our current Python developers
– Building and implementing robust data strategies and management structures for partners and the business
– Liaising with partners to gain access to, and leverage, user and CRMS data
– Identifying alternative data sources to assist Rebel Hack’s growth team
– Assisting growth teams on campaign selection and planning
– Owning and improving our internal and partner data visualisation
– Building SQL databases for query
– Working with the growth team to find out what questions they would like answers to
– Building awareness of statistical significance within the team
– Hacking data, finding insights!!
Your Skills and Experience
– strong experience in both SQL and Python
– experience with the linux command line
– experience developing visualizations
– strong understanding of statistics
– experience working with data (including cleaning and wrangling!)
– familiar with a core programming language such as C++
– Strong team management and inter-personal skills
– Empathetic towards partner-clients and always looking for solutions
– A love of data hacking to mash data together to find exciting insights
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent presentation and reporting skills
– Growth minded and ready to learn through failure
– Be a great problem solver
– Be a do’er
– Able to challenge senior management and partner-clients where appropriate
– Willing to be pushed out of their comfort zone
– Fun and friendly
If you think that you are the right person for the job, and are excited about being involved to build something special please send your application to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter clearly stating why you are right for the role, a link to your LinkedIn profile (or other relevant platform/CV) along with any links to examples of your work, knowledge and passion for data.
THIS IS IMPORTANT – To be considered for the role; at the end of your application email, please include 3 words that describe you.
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$jsversion in /var/www/rebelhack.com/html/blog/wp-content/plugins/form-maker/frontend/views/form_maker.php on line 1678