Rebel Hack Growth UI/UX Designer Job Specification
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Experience dependant
Our mission is to help the best technology businesses in London find scale and dramatically grow their customer base. At Rebel Hack we believe that marketing for growth comes with a highly integrated approach, and a team capable of looking for growth opportunities all the way from the top to the bottom of the funnel.
Rebel Hack’s culture is defined by those people working in it, and we are:
Rebel Hack is a fun, fast paced, truly agile growth consultancy startup where both organisational and personal learning underpin everything we do. We focus on grounding our creative thinking on a rigorous approach to agile marketing and experimentation for our partner-clients.
Remaining humble to being challenged, open to new ideas and able to work collaboratively with an array of external and internal teams is paramount to success. Our goal is to bring together a family of people that like to challenge the status quo, each other and themselves making Rebel Hack a vibrant and electric place to work!
This role offers a great opportunity to be involved as an influential early team member in one of London’s fastest up and coming growth marketing consultancy firms. We offer a great package for the successful applicant, with an above average salary (based on experience) and opportunities to share in the success of the business.
We offer a flexible and fun approach to work, with lots of partner-client interaction, and remote work where appropriate. We also have a great office studio setup slap bang in the middle of Shoreditch.
We want to help you get wherever it is you want to go…
A playful and fun-loving attitude alongside an easy-going charismatic persona are required to translate complex strategies into simple design and user flows. A love of design and thinking like a user are essential in this role. You should be able to shape user behaviour through design thinking using data as your guide. If you can’t turn data and results into actionable insights for a better user experience this role is not for you.
You’ll be working across both mobile and desktop applications and so will need to be ready and willing to learn what you don’t know.
Stuff you’ll own
- The design, implementation, execution of the front end component of growth experiments across multiple partner products including mediums such as landing pages, onboarding flow, email templates, and much more.
- Improving UI/UX to increase conversion, removing friction, and improve user comprehension.
How you’ll make it happen
As a member of the Growth Team you’ll be expected to use data to guide your priorities for design work, reporting back on what is and is not working to both the team and partners. This is the stuff you’ll be doing from day 1:
- Working and managing UI/UX projects with developer teams across multiple partners
- Improving UI/UX and design throughout the product to increase conversion, remove friction, and drive growth
- Seeking and implementing opportunities for growth in the product
- Speaking with users to identify reasons for retention and churn
- Create, edit and implement landing page variations
- Edit and implement user flows within the product
- Edit and implement email design and templates
- Work with Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and other analytics to evaluate data around user behavior, conversion rates, and funnel analysis to come up with ideas on how to improve it.
Your Skills and Experience
- Skilled in Photoshop or other graphic design software
- A/B Testing
- An understanding of Cohort Analysis, Funnel Analysis, Segmentation Analysis
- An understanding of data analysis
- Large Bonus: Experience with scripting or backend languages
- Strong team management skills
- Empathetic towards partner-clients and always looking for solutions
- A proven track record in delivering growth products and design
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Growth minded and ready to learn through failure
- Be a great problem solver
- Be a do’er
- Able to challenge senior management and partner-clients where appropriate
- Willing to be pushed out of their comfort zone
- Fun and friendly Application Process
If you think that you are the right person for the job, and are excited about being involved building something special please send your application to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter clearly stating why you are right for the role, a link to your LinkedIn profile (or other relevant platform) along with any links to examples of your work, knowledge and passion for growth and design.
THIS IS IMPORTANT – To be considered for the role; at the end of your application email, please include 3 words that describe you.